Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Big Bang!

It was about 4 am when I heard a huge explosion. But did I get out of bed, naahhhhh. Then my phone beeped telling me I had a text message. Who would text me at 4 am???? That would be Jason & thank heaven the big bang got him out of bed. He looked out onto the street for what he guessed was a bunch of kids with fireworks, just to see the power pole near my backyard on fire. So Jason (did I mention that he is in charge of the neighborhood safety committee) called the power company and they arrived moments later with the fire department. Thank you Jason!

For the next couple of hours they worked. The top of the pole was now hanging at a 45 degree angle. It was pouring down rain when they sent one lone guy up in a bucket with a flash light to survey the damage. They kept on working in the dark, sawing off the top of the pole with a chain saw. I can't tell you how much admiration I have for this power crew.



Look Jason has a new vehicle. It's big, it's shiney and it's ORANGE ... Jason's favorite color. Just what he needs to patrol the hood during our next natural disaster.



I wish I could have gotten a picture of the pole at 4 am, but the light was not good. I had already been yelled at by the fire fighters when I wandered into the alley just to see what was going on. So I figured flash photography of the guy in the bucket truck would not have been well received. As you can see our power pole is shorter than the others further down the alley.



All I want for Christmas is a new power pole. I don't remember putting on my list, but I am sure glad the the Tacoma Power Elves came through with this early gift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home