Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Friday, June 30, 2006

The Inverter

Katie has been entertaining her friend Jenny this week before they both go off to Europe together. I'll be staying home to feed the dogs. As a last hurrah to Tacoma, we took Jenny to the Taste of Tacoma, a Farewell Girls Tradition.

Did you know that there are carnival rides at the Taste? Well I do because Katie tries to coerce me onto them every year. Me, I have a fear of heights. More accurately I have a fear of gravity and hard landings. But this year Katie had Jenny & Jenny wanted to go on the Inverter. Katie wasn't thrilled about the prospect, but being a good sport & a good friend, she went along.

Don't they look happy?



Now this is where Katie is starting to get a bit nervous (I would have been passed out at this point).



I think they are about to flip upside down again.



I am not sure if the hanging upside down, or the free fall was Katie's most favorite part.



Can you tell?


1 Comments:

At 7/04/2006 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish I had known about the rides--what fun!! Great pics--ahh, almost makes me feel like I was on the ride too.

Best travels to Katie--she will have good thoughts coming her way from Seattle...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home