Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Lil' Cruise to Seattle



It was a sunny day so I took a quick drive up to Seattle. Pretty Space Needle.




Then, with the help of Robert & Tracy, I brought this fabulous Green Vespa home. I know this may seem like an impulse buy, but, truth be told, I started shopping for scooters in the early 80's. Back then it was a Red Honda Elite (a Green Vespa was worth the 20+ year wait). It's not that I have been doing research all these years or that I have a difficult time spending money. I can spend money really quick if I can rationalize it into being practical, or I can get something purely for the fun of it if I give it to or share it with someone else. But something totally fun, just for me? That takes about 20 years of perseverating to accomplish that.




But this was green and I just couldn't let it go. I mean it goes so well with just everything in my closet. And it's so cute.





When I first mentioned this to my own personal devil's advocate, Rob, I got the big lecture. I had to take the basic motorcycle safety course, get a helmet, gloves, jacket & BOOTS (almost the deal breaker). No Birkenstocks? Tear. Sniffle. Hey, I remember those 1950s & 60s Italian movies. I don't remember Audrey Hepburn wearing boots in Roman Holiday. I believe she was wearing some strappy sandals of her own. Not to mention the lack of helmet, etc, and the fact that she was wearing a DRESS! But the real trajedy is that I have a pair of birks that match this bike perfectly. I just had to go around the block in them just once. Sigh. Going out to buy icky, black, clunky boots on Sunday. Sigh. Going to be safe and responsible. Sigh. Never watching Roman Holiday again (it's just too painful). sigh.


2 Comments:

At 6/19/2006 11:57 AM, Blogger TRACYS BIG BLOG said...

Oh my god, that machine is wonderful, and the bike ant't half bad either.hahahah. Sandy the bike looks wonderful. Now I know you can keep up with us when we do the next STP. You can be our support person. Robert just needs to get one so that you guys can be a team.

 
At 6/19/2006 11:10 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

Did you hear that Robert??? I am your witness. Tracy is getting you a scooter, yellow, I'm sure. that way we can do the Sunday morning rides and save the rest of the crew seats at the coffee shop.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home