Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Ahhhhh Green

Green is my favorite color. I love green. Green just makes me happy. So when I walked into the birkenstock store and saw these beauties, I knew I had to walk out in them. And so I did. They go with just everything in my closet.



And now they go with everything that's in my garage. Last October when I went shopping for Katie's Christmas present I never saw this coming. On that day I remember telling Rob, who went with me, that I was not going to buy a car that day. And then I did. I bought it without even a test drive. So the day that we went to pick up Katie's car Rob said that someday I will have to get one for myself. Yeah, I know. Maybe in a year or 2, I just wasn't ready. After driving Katie's car .8 miles I was ready. Very ready. I realized that I had gotten Katie the coolest car in the world and it gets 50+ mpg. I ordered mine & it arrived today. So with a heavy heart & said good bye and good luck to the Honda & the Acura (hope that they get good new homes), and cut my insurance bill in half. But if that wasn't enough, the dealership gave me a great big check. Brand new car, lower bills & they write me a check instead of the other way around, it just doesn't get any better than that.



Isn't it cute. This is Toyota's picture of my car. I would have taken a picture of mine, but those of you who have been in Tacoma the last coupld of days know it would be hard to make out the car with all of the raindrops on the camera lens. So if you would like a ride in the coolest car in town, just let me know & I would be thrilled to take you out for a spin.

3 Comments:

At 1/30/2006 8:21 AM, Blogger TRACYS BIG BLOG said...

Oh Sandy, your car is so CUTE. Where is mine, is it in my Garage? Is it parked in my back yard under my dead plants. It's somewhere, I will keep looking.
hahha
Tracy

 
At 1/30/2006 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't now me, but I have been checking your blog to see photos of Ric and Tiff's new baby. He is so precious! I am a friend of Ric's mom, and Tiff's parents. Anyway - just wanted you to know that I LOVE GREEN ALSO! I had to reply to you after I saw the photo of your green birkenstocks - too cute. I have to get a pair.
God Bless!

 
At 1/30/2006 10:08 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

hey rebecca,

I am so glad that you are enjoying the baby pictures. I must tell you that he is much cuter in person. & the fact that you love GREEN & appreciate birkenstocks tells me that you are a highly intelligent person. I hope that if you ever make it up this way that you will stop in and say hi!

take care

 

Post a Comment

<< Home