Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Working Girl

I'm in Portland visiting my favorite person, Katie. Today. she had to work, which she does alot. Also, one of the reasons that I need to visit her since all of this work is preventing her from coming to Tacoma for a weekend. But I don't mind because I love Portland. And I love Katie. So it's a win win weekend.

Katie works at Cost Plus World Market and she loves it. She loves the store, since much of her furniture came from CPWM. Of course, she bought it all before she got the job and the employee discount. But she bought it in Portland (no sales tax). My theory about shopping in Portland is that you are making money so buy, buy, buy! And I live that creed, just ask any yarn store owner in town & they will tell you that I live that creed.

Back to Katie, here she is at her cash register, working hard! I apologize for the picture quality, I had to take these pictures with my phone spycam. Taking pictures of your daughter at work with your nice digital camera is just sooooo uncool and high school. But everyone takes pictures of everything with their cellphones, so that makes me soooooo new millinium.



This is Katie and her good buddy Leah. Katie really loves the people that she works with and we all know how that makes all the difference in the world. Leah was the person who handed Katie her job application way back in August and told her that CPWM was a fun place to work. Hopefully as the crazy holiday season descends on them they will all keep having fun! BTW, Leah is so totally cool. You can't tell in this picture but the frames of her glasses ... they would be green! Katie knows the smartest most stylish people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home