Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Friday, October 19, 2007

DON'T BRING DESSERT MONDAY!

Where do all the cool Tacoma Schools staff & parents go on a Friday night???? To Fife, of course. Columbia Junior High (where I work) to be more precise ... for the Annual Dessert Auction. This is the Booster Club's Major Fundraiser to purchase items for the classroom. This year they have already committed $1500 for 2 document cameras. Which our generous table was able to raise. I believe we were also responsible for driving up the price on several things that we didn't take home, but made others pay more than their fair share. It was so much fun!!!! Thank you to Jenn & Dan & Paul & Jewel for leaving the comfort zone of Tacoma and helping us out! I must mention that Mr. Peter was also in attendance and a big contributor, but my batteries were out of juice when I tried to snag his picture seruptiously.





So Monday nighters, take heed .... DON'T BRING DESSERT! I have it totally covered. Waiting for you will be a Key Lime Pie, Starbucks Chocolate Cake, the most amazing Tiarimasu (I snagged this bad boy last year too), and some homemade chocolate peanut butter truffles. If you are busy & can't make it for dinner, PLEASE stop by for dessert. Just remember it was all for a very good cause.



One more time, now say it with me .... "I WILL NOT BRING DESSERT THIS MONDAY NIGHT!!!" good answer!

1 Comments:

At 11/10/2007 8:27 PM, Blogger TRACYS BIG BLOG said...

Sandy did you save some of the good stuff for Robert and I? I hope so.
Tracy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home