Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Weekend in Tuscany

It's been hectic since school started back up. I have been feeling like I need a break from the craziness so this weekend I ran away to Tuscany.

When I arrived at the villa, I was greeted by this fabulous fountain. She looks great for someone who must be at least 3000 years old.



The view out the window from behind the front desk was breathtaking. I knew that I would be spending the warm afternoons wandering through the neighboring vineyards.



The high ceilings, the marble floors, the beautiful antique furniture, it was like being in a dream world. Almost too good to be true.



The villa in Tuscany is absolutely palatial. Look at it bathed in the warm Tuscan sun.



Ok, it's not exactly Tuscany. Just a little bit east of Tuscany. It's Pasco, Washington. Sigh. I attended a conference there this past weekend. As you can tell, Best Western agrees with me that Pasco is just like Tuscany. And no long plane ride. It doesn't get any better than this.

Good bye water fountain friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home