Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My Favorite Bar in Olywa

Olywa, is the hipster name for Olympia, Washington, the state capital. I just have to share that I discovered my favorite Olywa bar tonight. The bar is called Brotherhood Lounge. Of course, I was introduced to this place by my nephew Paul, thank you Paul. It was dark, loud and not the best place for knitting. Since I was with Paul, I ordered a PBR (that's Pabst Blue Ribbon for you lovers of good beer, this isn't one of those). But the moment, the split second I knew that this was my favorite bar in Olywa was when the bartender asked me for ID. Me!!!! 47 year old me got carded tonight. I almost jumped across the bar and kissed him, but instead I left an obscene tip. The sad thing is that I can't go back on a regular basis. If I did that I could become a regular and they would stop carding me. So the total point of going down there would be ruined. But I will tell you, the next time I am feeling old, look out, I will be on I 5 and headed toward the Brotherhood in Olywa!

2 Comments:

At 6/16/2007 10:37 AM, Blogger Naomi said...

What kind of skin cream do you use! Maybe I should start using it! I want to get carded too!

I'm sorry to do this to you but in the same breath, you've been memed!

Go to my blog and read the 7 random things about me and what you need to do!

Don't kill me, ok?

 
At 6/25/2007 1:55 AM, Blogger Robert said...

Congrats! I too was carded on Friday when I stopped at the Liquor Warehouse to get more booze for apple-tini's.....
Was great to see and chat with you last Saturday...
Robt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home