Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A bit of knitting



Naomi, this one's for you. About a month ago I embarked on this challenging project. The Twisted Float Shrug. This is the center of the back and is ready for me to put in the armholes in the next round. wooooo hoooooo. This has been a whole lot of knitting and I have a ton of knitting to go. Yes you heard me right, armholes, that means sleeves, something new for me. I really, really loved the picture in Vogue Knitting. Hopefully, I will love it when it is all done.



And now for my traveling knitting project. Pat is walking me through knitting socks. I love these colors. So many knitters that I know love to knit socks. I am waiting for my passion for sock knitting to kick in. I am more into instant gratification knitting. So my current projects are a bit of a stretch for me.



Finally, what you have all been waiting for, the February Mystery Knitted Dishcloths. Red Hearts and a Pick Bumblebee. Cute, huh? I have some nice green yarn waiting for the March Mysterys. ooooOOOOooooo : )

2 Comments:

At 2/21/2007 6:15 AM, Blogger Naomi said...

OMG you are amazing! That is just fab!!!! Many experienced knitters didn't want to attempt this design and look...you are doing it and doing it extremely well!!! Good for you!! To do the armholes just follow the instructions exactly - putting certain # of stitches on waste yarn...I could probably coach you over the phone. Call if you need help!!!

 
At 4/08/2007 4:32 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Sock knitting is awesome. You'll get it soon enough. And sock yarn is just the best thing ever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home