Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Table for 104!

I had no idea that I live in a "Substantial North End Home". That's what the copy read under this picture published in the Tacoma Daily Ledger on March 22, 1908. I had to do my research before the North Slope Progressive dinner, a fundraiser for the hood. Giving tours all night long to paying guests, I had to be on my toes.



Not only did these soggy souls (it was a very rainy, windy night) expect a tour, but they also had hopes for a gourmet dinner. We were the entree home, so I called in the troups. Kathryn was the Top Chef, making over 100 Chicken Breasts wrapped in Phyllo. Our guests licked their plates clean. The rest of the crew, Jewel, Audrey and Kim kept serving and dishwashing at a frantic pace. We had to turn the table over every 20 minutes to keep our 7 groups of diners on schedule. As you can see the crew is armed with merlot in hand and ready to rock and roll.



A good time was had by all. They arrived at our door after traveling from an appetizer house & salad house. The weather outside was frightful, but the dinner kept everyone warm and toasty.





The evening ended as a great success & the crew sat down for a relaxing dinner (no timer ticking for us). Judi, the organizer of the whole affair joined us for our post dinner celebration. Peter would have been in the picture since he stopped by and helped out with the dishes after he finished his duties as the greeter at the appetizer house. But Peter snuck out without a word in typical Peter fashion. I am very lucky to have such good friends who leap to my rescue when my volunteering nature gets me in too deep.

1 Comments:

At 11/05/2006 6:14 PM, Blogger TRACYS BIG BLOG said...

ooh...la,la! Congrats on the spetacular main dish you and your helpers put together! I know that all enjoyed and marveled the house! Tracy and I miss ya (trying to get some of that "Ville-billy" lingo) and send big "hugs - n - kisses" to all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home