Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Friday, July 07, 2006

The Taste of Cholesterol


The Taste of Chicago was in full swing this week. It runs for 2 weeks and is probably responsible for making each of the citizens of Chicago 10 lbs. fatter. Being in Chicago, I had to have a Chicago style dog (complete with pickles, onions, peppers & tomatoes) and Chicago's own Micro brew, Budweiser. Hey, it's almost like drinking water with food coloring in it & you gotta stay hydrated in hot weather. It's a health thing.



The Taste is held in Milliennium Park. I could go on for days about how cool this park is but instead I will share my 2 favorite things. The first is what the locals call "the Bean". It's a great interactive sculpture that reflects the skyline of the city and is interacts with people when you walk under it.



Can you spot me & Rob in the picture above? I'll give you a hint: I have the camera in front of my face, am wearing a green top (shock) and black shorts. Rob is standing on my left in a cap and orange shirt. Now look carefully.



When you walk under the sculpture and look up, this is what you see. Can you spot us now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home