Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Friday, February 10, 2006

From Toronto to Tacoma

Here she is. In Tacoma! Stephanie Pearl Mcphee, the Yarn Harlot. She was so funny. Pat, Marilyn, Stacee & I all went to hear her speak on Friday. I did get a great picture of our little group, but alas, did not have the memory card in the camera, my bad, so I don't have proof that they were actually there, you're just gonna have to trust me. Anyway, Stephanie told the Memphis story and the Edmonton story (both knitting lore classics). She talked about knitting not as a craft or an art, but as a sport. She even did some "Olympic" play by play commentary of a knitting competition that was absolutely hysterical.



Tada! Here she is. Note the color shirt she is wearing! I also saw her sporting a green shawl. The woman has definite style. next to her on the table is a the cuff of a very complicated Dale of Norway sweater that she is knitting for the Olympics (only 16 days to knit, the woman is amazing). BTW, note the color of the sweater also. & there we are. A nice knitter took this picture of the two of us. Many of you know that I am not a fan of getting my own picture taken, but she is the Yarn Harlot. In Tacoma of all places. And I am also wearing a wonderful multi-green poncho that I myself knit last weekend. One of those: saw the yarn & had to have it! So then I had to make something out of it or just visit the lonely balls of yarn stuck in the back of my closet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home