Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!



Are these Party Girl's or what??? Ready for anything, even the new year! Nothing will stop them from ringing in the new year with style.



A crowd shot. I think we had a total of 30 people come through the door, with enough food for 300 people. This was the staging area for the food. Every kitchen outlet was supplying power to a crock pot, fondue pot or other essential appliance. I am surprised that we didn't shut down the whole Tacoma power grid. It was a happy and well fed bunch. One highlight was taking this whole congregation (all 30 of us) across the street and into the new neighbor's house. Jason said they were having an open house until whenever & we took him at his word. They were, to say the least, a bit surprised, and very good sports. Giving tours to strangers even after they had put their 2 year old down for the night. Don't you wish you had moved across the street from me???



Then their were the SERIOUS card players. No peeking. I think Chris won the first round. Probably because he had arrived late & didn't consume any alcohol.



HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! With sparklers & noise makers & poppers, we let the neighborhood know that 2006 was officially here! I think we were a teensy bit louder than our friendly neighborhood rooster.



That's all she wrote. Later Sarah tried to convince me that it was my chairs that were too comfortable & she couldn't help drifting off. Aaaaaawwwww, not buying it. I think it was more likely the therapeutic value of Dr. Mac's Cosmopolitan's. I've sampled Mac's Cosmpolitans and Margaritas now & I think we need to rent him out as a bartender & make some money off of that boy. Note to self: Don't fall asleep in my house when I have the camera & laptop handy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home