Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Ahhhhhhh Friday

Welcome to my do nothing day. I think it's the first of the summer for me. Last spring I got really good at do nothing Sundays. I would get all of my errands done on Saturdays and not touching my car keys on Sunday. The stay at home day. Do nothing. I haven't done that this summer. Katie has been home and somehow, since I have the summer off from work, I think i need to cram it full of things to do. Because, when I have time off, I am compelled to do more, get more accomplished, be more than I can be. It's a sickness. Never quite figured out what R & R is all about.

So I put Katie on a plane to Maryland yesterday. Actually I guess we don't put people on planes anymore. So yesterday I put Katie in the security screening line that would eventually lead to her getting herself on the plane. After a delay in Atlanta, she finally made it safely to Alisha's house around 2am east coast time. And Alisha was so excited to see her that she went to bed and sent her fiance' Matt to pick Katie up at the airport. That Alisha is one smart cookie. Anywho, last night the dogs & I discussed it & we decided to make today a true day off. So they let me lollygag around in bed til 8:30, took a long hot shower. crawled back into bed to play on the computer (because I can since it is an official day off!). Then I got dressed in clothes that I knew I wouldn't be caught dead in leaving the house - my baggy chartreuce sweats and matching t shirt. So if I even get tempted to get in the car and run and errand, all I need to do is look down at my clothes and decide, naaahhhhh, not today. And I have given myself permission (this is the most important part) that whatever I don't do or do do today, it will be just right. No second guessing. No shoulds. No regrets. A day off!

2 Comments:

At 8/12/2005 2:05 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

It's quiet around here. Not as exciting as Maryland. Sorry about work. I hope that you have time with all of your fun and games that you take a few pics and post them on your blog. Maybe you could help Kate update her blogs & add some links to her page. Just a thought! Have fun!! big hugs!!!

 
At 8/13/2005 9:34 PM, Blogger TRACYS BIG BLOG said...

It's about time you took some time off. You are the hardest working women I know. Now, about that time off. When do you want to go on a LONG BIKE RIDE. This Sunday we are doing 50 miles or SO. We are going out to Yelm. I think???? Well any way it will be great. See ya on Monday.
tracy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home