Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Ethnic Fest


What a fabulous weekend! The weather couldn't have been better, it was definitely a weekend to be out and about. Katie and I went to Ethnic Fest at Wrights Park, not once but twice! There is Katie doing what she loves, shopping. But she showed a lot of restraint and didn't buy a thing. Yesterday we also caught this great Seattle band called Picoso. If you ever get a chance to hear them, go! They are trying to get a booking at Panamonicas in Tacoma, so I will keep my eyes open & when they do, I will sound the alert. They have a very fun latin sound. Edgy, there roots are as street musicians and it really comes thru in their music. I like 'em.

Today we dragged Peter and Tom with us & had some lunch there as we listened to the Smilin' Scandinavians. You got it, polka music at it's finest. Though I am not sure how a song about San Antonio, Texas slipped into their set, but it's all good. Ethnic fest, the only place you can listen to the African All Stars followed by the Smilin' Scandinavians, back to back. But that's Tacoma for you. Back to eating. I have been a Weight Watchers Saint of late because I really want to hit my goal NOW! and live the rest of my life in Maintenance Land. But today the Crepe People were there with my all time favorite. Artichoke & chicken crepes. They are so delish. And they have spinach in them that kind of cancels out the very rich sauce. Ok, not really, but I have been downing the water today at a gallon per hour hoping that any calories I let in will go whooooooshing out before they grab a hold of my thighs.

3 Comments:

At 8/01/2005 6:40 AM, Blogger TRACYS BIG BLOG said...

Oh my god, I sooooo wanted to go to this. I totally forgot that this was going on this weekend. It sounds like you guys had so much fun. You will have to tell me about it today at dinner.
Tracy
PS. Wait till you see what Robert made..mmmmmm. It is going to be so good.

 
At 8/01/2005 7:54 PM, Blogger Grandma Willoughby said...

Ethnic Fest looks like a blast. Maybe I'll make it next year. Love stuff like that.

Thanks, Tracy, for the "heads up" on those evil cannibal fish. They'll not get THESE toes.

 
At 8/03/2005 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sandy, I stopped by tonight, but you weren't home. I need you to contact all that are interested in attending the show this Saturday night. The hotel has CLOSED, and the show is MOVED!!!
The show has moved to The Airport Tavern, 5604 S Tacoma Way (south of all of the auto dealerships), same time 5:00 pm. Still casual, probable jeans...
Please let all know ASAP...what a mess and THANKS!!!
Robt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home