Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Too, too Wicked!!!

It all started with Galinda (that's Ga-linda) floating in on her bubble (you know that not everyone can travel by bubble). My all time favorite musical had begun. Lucky for me, Jason had met someone in the touring cast and he got us tickets to last Sunday's performance. But then that wasn't good enough for Peter and I. We had to go back tonight for seconds.



Meagan Hilty who played Glinda the good was my favorite and I am still singing the song Popular today. She had the best part and boy did she do great things with it. I was totally Galindified, toss, toss.



And to see the Emerald City, in the Emerald City. Magic!



Shoshona Bean did a great job with Elphaba. Did you know her name came from the author of the original Wizard of Oz books, L, Frank Baum (L-Fa-Ba)? Too cool. I could tell you all of the fabulous lines, but that would ruin it for you. But I will tell you that my favorite line included a reference to the most perfect of green vegetables.





There's no place like home!

2 Comments:

At 10/04/2006 12:54 PM, Blogger TRACYS BIG BLOG said...

Sandy what a wonderful looking show. Was it better then Mamma Mia? If it was, I will have to see it. Love ya girl. I sure do miss seeing you and Katie. Make sure you guys come over here and visit us.

Tracy

 
At 10/04/2006 10:33 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

Yo Tracy, it was loads better than Mama Mia. Wicked is easily my favorite musical on a ton of levels. It's not to be missed. I want a full report after you see it. Miss you oooooodles too. We will come and visit and we will look for the only lawn without a horse on it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home