Artichokes and Pink Martini

If you like artichokes, Pink Martini, knitting, then read on. If you are interested in the woes of losing the last 20 lbs or working in education, then read on. If you want to know what it's like to be an empty nester or to share that nest with to two dogs, then read on. If you want to know what the theme is for Monday night dinner, when the kayaks are going out, or who was at the Y at 5am, then read on. If none of this interests you, just hit the button that says "next blog", & read on.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Yakima, here I come!


teepees
Originally uploaded by sfarewell.

Lucky me, I am headed for Yakima, WA (the Palm Springs of Washington, or so says the sign on the way into town) tomorrow for the Combined Summer Institute on Special Education. I'm getting all trained for a job that I don't have because it doesn't exist yet. Hey, am I a planner or what.

Wanted to share the picture of our lovely, 4 star (or should I say 4 pole) hotel. I hope these teepees have air conditioning because it is supposed to be in the 90s all week. I was reading the Yakima Visitors Bureau website & one of their advertised activities is "Listen to the sound of nothing". I think that pretty well sizes up Yakima. Jealous?

So, just to let you know, that this week the party's at Katie's pad! Alcohol, orgies and Bollywood movies, she has it all. All I ask is that someone who knows what they are doing load the silverware in the dishwasher for her.

Thank you for your continued support!

2 Comments:

At 7/10/2005 10:46 AM, Blogger Grandma Willoughby said...

Teepees AND the sound of nothing!?!!!
You lucky gal. Me? I'll be wrestling friggin' boxes for at least another coule weeks. See ya when you get back.

 
At 7/10/2005 8:58 PM, Blogger TRACYS BIG BLOG said...

OH my GOD. You have to stay in a TEEPEE? Well at least you did not have to ride 206 miles. Oh wait, I did not have to do that. I just did it. Just like I will take care of those knives and forkes. I will load that old machine. You can just sit back and know that the Tacoma Police Department will be living at your place. hhahahaha.
We miss you, take you crazy person you.

Tracy :)
PS. YES, I'm back. Have not updated my Blog yet. But have some STRANGE pictures...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home